Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No. This applies only for Malaysian students studying in local IPTA and IPTS.
Your internship programme should meet the following qualifying criteria, and this should be explained clearly in the detailed write-up submitted to us.
- A programme that opens to all disciplines or specific disciplines.
- The objectives and learning outcomes of the internship programme must be stated clearly.
- This programme shall accommodate the compulsory and non-compulsory internships. For compulsory internship, the programme shall be in continuous minimum ten (10) weeks duration.
- The design of the programme shall be able to also accommodate staggered duration, in the case of non-compulsory internship. However, the interns shall complete the programme within twelve (12) months period to be eligible for the tax incentive.
- Implement the structured internship programme throughout the organisation (holding and subsidiary companies).
The internship programme offered must be relevant or similar to the students' field of study. The programme should emphasize on the following skills and attributes including the adaption of Industry 4.0 pillars:
Technical Competence Personal Competence Business Competence Technical/ functional knowledge and skills required substantially in the area of responsibility of the position. Personal attributes and skills that enhances individual's interactions and increase personal effectiveness. Professional attributes and skills required to enhance professional and business performance. Example:
• Specific technical knowledge/ skills
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Personal effectiveness
• Business acumen
• Conflict resolution and negotiation
• Teamwork/ teambuilding
The Companies must provide a minimum cash or cash equivalent of RM500 monthly allowance for each intern.
No, applications and submission are free via https://sip.talentcorp.com.my.
You can start applying starting January 2012 via our portal at https://sip.talentcorp.com.my.
No, you can start applying with a new internship programme.
Application for endorsement should be submitted annually at least one (1) month before its expiry date.
It will take up to 14 working days from the date of submission.
No, it is only eligible starting from the endorsement date.
No, there must be a structured internship programme implemented to be eligible for the tax incentive.
No. The tax incentive is only applicable for the interns who undergo the structured internship programme. Participating companies shall provide correct and accurate information about their companies and details about their structured internship programme when submitting their application for endorsement as well as submission for tax.
i. Company Profile Search Result by SSM (dated within 14 days before the submission of application in .pdf format)
ii. The detailed write-up on the structured internship programme (.pdf format)
No, application must only be submitted online.
Status can be checked via https://sip.talentcorp.com.my.
Yes, you can claim for the paid allowance that you have paid to the interns.
No. Interns are not hired as Employees.
Double tax deduction claim needs to submitted via Employer's Finance department. TalentCorp only facilitates the endorsement process for employers.
In December of the endorsement year.
The LOE can be used to support the claim submission of double tax deduction.